Late Night Cleaning Crew-Falling Rock Cafe and Bookstore
Position Summary Falling Rock Cafe and Bookstore: Works after closing in a team approach to complete necessary cleaning tasks in food preparation area and dining room.
Primary Responsibilities: Are not limited to, and may include all or some of the responsibilities listed below:
· Closing up dining room-wiping down tables and all table equipment, vacuuming, sweeping and mopping, dusting and straightening art and book shelves
· Thorough cleaning of bathrooms
· Washing and putting away dishes
· Emptying trash
· Cleaning coolers, coffee makers, and other kitchen equipment
Knowledge and Skills:
· Position is ideal for someone who prefers to work individually or as a team but not necessarily with customers
· Must not have any conflicts with working late shifts (approximately 10pm-2am)
· Necessary qualities are a dedication to hard work, integrity and trustworthiness, and the ability to follow leader/manager’s instructions
Essential Physical Requirement:
· May need to reach, bend, and stoop frequently
· Able to carry up to 20 lbs over short or medium distances
· Bending, walking, lifting, and pushing for entire shift
The Falling Rock Café and Bookstore is one of the highest rated restaurants in the Munising area on TripAdvisor and Yelp! In addition to our diverse food menu, large ice cream selection and full range of coffee and espresso drinks, the Falling Rock has an inventory of 30,000+ new, used, and rare books, sells the works of multiple UP and Michigan artisans, hosts live music and other events several times a week, and is affectionately referred to as “Munising’s Living Room”.
You can learn more by reviewing our website at www.fallingrockcafe.com, Facebook page, TripAdvisor reviews, or Yelp reviews. Falling Rock Café and Bookstore is located in Munising, on the shores of Lake Superior in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Munising is the gateway community to Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Hiawatha National Forest and is thus a very busy tourist destination for travelers from all over the world as well as being a favorite of locals. We have strong following of regulars, seasonal residents, passers-through, and tourists who are new to the area or who return time and time again. After you have visited us once, you are our friend for life!
Employees gain experience in food service, retail, business, hospitality, and tourism and learn new skills in food preparation, ice cream service, barista skills, collaboration and teamwork, prioritization, management, communication, detail awareness, customer satisfaction, and multi-tasking. This is the perfect position for college students majoring in business, hospitality, food service or new college graduates seeking a position where they will gain a wide variety of skills as well as others seeking new adventures and the desire to thrive in a positive environment. Munising is the perfect location for people who are active, love the outdoors in any season and love the national park system. Munising has the charm of a sleepy small town but also the hustle and bustle of a busy tourist destination.
We are seeking individuals with a hard working mind set, ability to function in a fast paced environment, who enjoy creating a friendly, positive environment for customers and thrive in a team centered approach.
Retail or food service experience a plus but not required.
Pay is competitive and tips are an added bonus on top of competitive wage.
Seeking both full and part time employees
Possible housing available and may be included in compensation.
Shift start times vary and may begin early morning, mid-day, early afternoon, or late afternoon. Late night cleaning crew shifts start at approximately 10 pm.